Shrimp, Bacon, and Gruyere Tart
This tart is perfect for four people as a light lunch, or eight as a dinner appetizer, served with baby greens tossed with a Light Vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup Grandma Fitch's Gourmet Cocktail Sauce
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 each raw 16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined, halved lengthwise
- 4 strips applewood smoked bacon, rendered
- 1/4 pound gruyere, diced
- Kosher salt, tt
- All purpose flour, as needed
- spray vegetable oil, as needed
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil and lighly dust it with flour, shaking off the excess.
Lay out your puff pastry and poke it evenly about two dozen times with a fork. Smear it with the cocktail sauce, and then evenly distribute the shrimp, gruyere, and bacon over the cocktail sauce. Sprinkle lightly with with the kosher salt.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, until golden brown and delicious. Sprinkle with scallions.